Ms. Hen’s Top Ten Books (She Read) in 2015
Ms. Hen has decided to jump on the bandwagon of end-of-year top ten lists. She wrote lots of reviews last year, and spent some time thinking about what the top ten books she read were. Hardly any of the books on the list were published in 2015, but books have a long shelf life, so if it’s a high quality books it stays that way. They are in no particular order, because sometimes the time to read a book is perfect and another is perfect at a different time.
1. A TALE FOR THE TIME BEING by Ruth Ozeki http://mshenreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/04/ms-hen-reviews-tale-for-time-being-and.html
When Ms. Hen read this in March, it was just what she needed.
2. PAULA by Isabel Allende http://mshenreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/07/ms-hen-reviews-paula-and-quietly-raves.html
This is a beautiful memoir about dealing with grief.
3. KRIK? KRAK! By Edwidge Danticat http://mshenreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/05/ms-hen-reviews-krik-krak-by-edwidge.html
4. MY BRILLIANT FRIEND by Elena Ferrante
5. THE STORY OF A NEW NAME by Elena Ferrante
6. THOSE WHO LEAVE AND THOSE WHO STAY by Elena Ferrante
The three previous books are the continuation of one story.
7. COLD MOUNTAIN by Charles Frazier
This novel wins the award for containing the most chickens.
8. WHITE LIGHT by Vanessa Garcia
9. THE BLIND ASSASIN by Margaret Atwood
10. THE BLUE GIRL by Laurie Foos
Ms. Hen would like to wish everyone a happy new year. She doesn’t believe in making New Year’s resolutions, but if she did, she would resolve to read more books, do more Zumba, and eat more dark chocolate.